Study Abroad Tips & Advice
It is hard to compare the rewards one can benefit from studying overseas with anything else. The expertise can change your view from being local to global and your perspectives to international. Not just that but you will probably gain friendships and memories to last a lifetime.
Interestingly though, among the biggest challenges inducing pupils to decide not to study overseas, is that they believe it will be too expensive and or too hard. The overseas students that do choose to study overseas and use the services of an education broker are often very surprised by how simple it was to arrange, and also at how cheap it can be.
This information is a useful and will likely offer some excellent tips and advice for prospective overseas students seeking to study overseas. Though the following information can be helpful, it's encouraged that students see a skilled education broker to make certain they receive up-to-date and current study abroad information tailored to their particular requirements and circumstances.
There are many reasons people Decide to study abroad:
• Language acquisition – The world market place is shrinking and several businesses today look for or require staff that can speak a second language. For students in Thailand or Asia in which English is a second language, being able to speak English can be a significant benefit in the competitive labor market. Not only is having the ability to speak another language such as English important from a career standpoint, but it's also valuable from a real-world perspective.
• Practical expertise – Study combined with work experience can be an ideal way to get some real world experience. Many students are surprised to learn that in many countries like Australia they're free to operate and gain an income while studying (currently in the time of this article being written it is 20 hours a week using a student visa). If this is factored into the cost of studying overseas it can significantly decrease the cost and working and studying overseas can be very affordable.
Study overseas demonstrates that you are resourceful, adventurous, internationally minded, and varied. Additionally, in many countries like Thailand it is very aggressive and costly to acquire selection to a highly respected university. By not gaining choice to a top university you may be limiting your career potential unnecessarily. Study abroad is another option however which will enable you to studying abroad in a country such as Australia and obtain English language skills and once done will see you just as appealing or more so to prospective employers not just in Thailand but across the world.
• Experience of a life – In a few years you may forget a lot of what you have studied at high school and college but if you study abroad you'll never forget the friends you made or the incredible experiences you've shared.
How do I locate the right Instruction Agent for me?
After you have made the decision to study abroad you will then want to find an education agent to guide you through the process. But what should you look for in finding the right education agent for you? There are many education agents and this task is not as easy as it seems, but if you follow the tips below you will be on the right track to finding a broker for you:
1) Look for an education broker that are members of peak body organizations in not just your home country but also the country you intend to research. By doing this you can be more assured the broker you have chosen is professional and trustworthy.
From the example used above this would require the agent to have a fixed business address and offices in both Thailand and Australia. By ensuring your schooling agent has an office in your home state it will be far simpler, and probably faster, to organise the necessary paperwork before you are ready to study, such as visas and college enrolment. Furthermore, by assessing your education agent has an office in the country you wish to study, such as Australia, you can be assured that when you require support or assistance, with such matters as visa renewal, you'll be able to access this a lot more easily. More schooling agents should provide such support services free of charge if you've registered with them prior to arriving to Australia. It's very important to look at this yet or you may be billed for basic support requirements, such as writing to your college or government departments concerning visa difficulties.
2) When searching for a fantastic education agent students should also make sure that the agent they select provides accurate advice regarding educational associations and does not merely refer you to schools or universities that they get the largest commission from. As an example, some broker have been known to push their students to a small number of schools so since they may be given a larger commission in the schools in question. The very best method to ensure this does not happen and that you go to the best college for you, in contrast to the broker, would be to follow Point 1 above and ensure the broker is registered with appropriate authorities. The schooling agent you select should work with you to go over your own personal interests and circumstances and from this develop a tailored and individualized study plan for you. For the majority of individuals this should signify the agent is able to provide you a number of alternative study options for you to choose from, instead of just one or 2.
Nathan Jones is a Director of The Oak International Education and Training Services, an instruction agent assistance, providing a more individualized and choice choice for Thai students wishing to study overseas in Australia and overseas.