Postgraduate Courses in Europe

If you’re interested in taking postgraduate courses in Europe, you have a number of options. A Schengen visa is sufficient to study for up to 90 days in a country, but if you’re applying for a longer course, you’ll need a residence permit. This will be required before you arrive in Europe.

The universities in Europe have a strong international reputation and offer a wide range of postgraduate courses. For example, the University of Lund in Sweden has a high world ranking and a student body comprising of 21 nationalities. In the last decade, around 130 British students have studied in Sweden. Taking a course at a Swedish university can lead to an excellent postgraduate qualification, but the UK institutions have an advantage: English is the main language of instruction.

The English language is widely spoken in many countries and universities across Europe offer English-taught degrees. This can be a great advantage for international students, as they can avoid the language barrier while studying abroad. There are also a number of different types of Master’s degrees in Europe. You can pursue a taught Master’s degree, which entails coursework and culminates in a dissertation. The thesis and course grades will count towards the completion of the degree.

The Italian university system was reformed in the 1990s. There are two levels of study in Italy, the three-year Bachelor’s degree and the two-year Masters degree, with the latter requiring a dissertation. In both cases, the course is split into modules of five to 10 credits.


%d bloggers like this: