How to Work and Study in USA

Working and studying in the USA

For international students, studying in America can be expensive; tuition fees and living costs can add up to around $60,000. If this amount isn’t enough to cover expenses, many turn to part-time employment for extra income.

Financing education through employment can be an efficient way to gain practical work experience. But before you begin employment, it is essential to understand your options and the regulations surrounding this activity.

1. On-campus (F-1 and M-1) Student Job Opportunities:

International students with F-1 or M-1 visas have access to special on-campus training programs tailored towards their interests, such as working in the library, cafeteria or student center. These positions often offer financial assistance with travel costs.

2. Off-campus (F-1 and M-1) Training:

F-1 or M-1 visa students have the ability to take job opportunities off campus for a limited time through cooperative education, co-op education or internships as long as the program complies with the regulations applicable to their visa type. This usually includes cooperative education, co-op education or internships.

3. Post-Completion Optional Paid Time Off (OPT):

OPT is available to students who have completed their studies and been authorized by a designated school official (DSO). With OPT, these individuals may work up to 20 hours per week when school is in session or full time during break periods.


%d bloggers like this: