How to Get PR After Study in Australia

PR After Study in Australia is a common goal for international students who aspire to continue their studies after they obtain their degrees. It provides an ideal opportunity to further your career while savoring Australia’s culture and lifestyle.

The initial step to obtaining PR after studying in Australia is to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s SkillSelect migration program. This online platform enables you to submit personal details, educational background details, work experience details as well as skill assessments related to nominated occupations.

You may opt to join the Professional Year Program (PYP) and work for an Australian employer for 12 months in exchange for bonus points on your PR application. The PYP aims to equip you with a range of knowledge and skills that will give you invaluable Australian workplace experience.

Another option is to apply for a Post Study Work Visa or Graduate Temporary Visa after finishing your studies. This visa allows you to work and live in Australia for two to four years depending on the degree, while earning points that will help boost your PR application.

Another viable option is applying for a Skilled Independent visa, which can be obtained by those who have worked in their field for at least one year in Australia, earn at least $158,500 annually and meet certain other criteria.


%d bloggers like this: