Applying For a Student Visa – Confirmation of Enrolment

Once you accept an offer from an Australian university, an official Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) document will be issued in order to secure your place at that university. This document serves as proof that will help when applying for your student visa with the Department of Home Affairs; it includes details regarding your course and study period as well as when classes begin and any work rights attached to your visa.

Additionally, in order to complete your visa application you will require several other documents in addition to the CoE. These will vary depending on your country of origin and course being studied; however, basic documents include a valid passport with at least six months validity remaining as well as proof of financial capacity to cover tuition fees and living expenses in Australia. Lastly, Overseas Student Health Cover should be demonstrated for the duration of your stay in Australia.

Your Course of Enrolment (CoE) will establish a maximum study period, so it is crucial that you adhere to it. If you wish to extend your studies beyond this deadline, apply for an extension with International Student Compliance (ISC) who will consider your request based on both personal factors and relevant ESOS policies; compelling reasons must also be presented along with proof that studying will continue.