How to Work After Study in Australia

work after study in australia

If you want to work after studying in Australia, you will first need to review your visa conditions and if there are any restrictions. Furthermore, you will have to determine if there is another visa available that may suit better; with a Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) in particular you can stay and work in Australia for two years after finishing a Bachelors degree, and three or four if finishing Masters or PhD studies respectively.

If your studies at Deakin have provided you with skills in high demand in Australia, apply to stay by using the Grad Work Stream of the Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) and remain in Australia through this visa subclass. This will give you an opportunity to utilize those professional abilities while finding employment within your sector of study.

Alternately, you can continue your studies in Australia by changing course to another higher-level qualification. You will need to demonstrate that the new course meets Australian study level requirements and will lead to an eligible degree; for instance if you studied a Bachelors before going on to a Master’s, using its duration towards satisfying requirements would count toward meeting Masters requirements, but since it’s not eligible as part of Bachelor’s requirements.

Many students opt for travel after finishing their studies, providing an invaluable opportunity to explore Australia and improve your English. When planning such a trip, it’s important to know how long you can work while travelling as shipping them back can be expensive.


%d bloggers like this: